Sunday, 2 July 2017

Millenial Pink


SWEATER: Cotton On  |  JEANS: Nobody Denim via Glue Store
SNEAKERS: Minna Parikka (similar HERE and HERE)

I have always been a pink girl. From birth, my mother instilled in me her love of the girliest of hues. From baby to hot, pink in all its forms is sublime. But a soft, pale pink is my favourite. A wash of the pretty colour is currently the wallpaper on both my laptop and my What'sApp chats, and has likely been for several years (I used to have the computer wallpaper that changed to a different photo every 60 seconds, but I found out that it was one of the contributing factors to everything loading at a glacial pace). 
Alas, my beloved was set upon by the fashion powers that be, who tapped into what was apparently a secret love for many, many people. "Millenial pink", as someone has disgustingly renamed my sweet baby, was huge. And then... It stayed huge. "No, no," cried Pantone, "pink is SO over. Get ready for Kermit-The-Frog-green!" Nobody listened. Millenial pink continues to dominate across fashion, interior design and even - finally - the tech world (those nerds finally realised that people are actually interested in devices in colours other than basic red, blue and green!). 
It is both a blessing and a curse when something you love becomes a trend. Initially, there is joy that the thing you're always searching for, scouring eBay and AliExpress and vintage stores, is now easily accessible. But then you realise that it is no longer special and doesn't quite feel like "yours". Worst of all, you reach a point at which - GASP - you are sick of it. The trend is everywhere, on everyone and the most stylish among us are starting to declare it "over". While I am relieved that pink has held its own and stayed strong for actual YEARS, I am increasingly nervous about its inevitable demise and the possibility that I may grow to detest my longtime love. At least for now, I have this fuzzy, frou-frou sweater to keep me cosy and help me weather the style storm.

April xx

21 comments:

  1. I love your sweater! The color is awsome :-*


    Melanie / www.goldzeitblog.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basic but chic <3

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sweater *.*
    You're looking great!

    xx
    Swenja
    https://www.overtheview.ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you a lovely day, Greetings from Switzerland //Sofia (…visit my blog http://sofiacm.com for interior and style tips)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit, basic and cool!!!

    NEW POST: https://lotofdots.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/summer-shades/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sneakers!
    kiss
    http://adiaryb.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweater suits you really well.
    I love your casual style.
    Best wishes
    Sassi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your look from head to toe, so simple yet so cute :) I especially love those bunny sneakers :)

    xx Alyssa // STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pink too. I feel that everybody looks great in pink. I love your bunny shoes they are so cute!

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks a lot :D

    Totally in love with your super comfy combo my friend :D
    You look fabulous :D

    NEW OUTFIT POST | CHANGE IS GOOD.
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit!! So comfy and chic!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: ROMPER & ICE CREAM IN LA

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit is so cute. Adorable pink sweater. :)

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit!

    Mihaailo | mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This pink Turtleneck looks amazing on you! I love it.

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sweater is so pretty! Love it a lot <3

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look awesome in pink!

    http://cheremimi.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  17. so cozy sweater! and your shoes pom-poms are adorable:)

    BeautyMarkLady

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this color!

    xoxo ♥

    Jéssica || Fashion Jacket
    www.fashionjacket.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tolles Outfit! Der Pullover sieht echt toll aus und die Farbe steht dir so gut!
    Du bist so hübsch <3
    Alina // alinacorona.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. This colour is everything, I swear! <3

    http://www.thecaramelchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete